HyperX Cloud 2 Mic Not Working on Windows 10 is a problem that many people face. If you are also going through the same issue then you have landed the right page for a solution. We’ve broken down this issue into a step-by-step guide, so you’ll need to read this post all the way through and see which method works for you.
Gamers, as well as those who enjoy watching movies or web series on popular OTT platforms, love the HyperX Cloud 2 headset. The headset has a 7.1 virtual surround sound effect and provides crisp and clear audio quality. Gamers who love to play intense games on their laptop or PC can enjoy a HIFI audio experience with this.
READ ALSO: Error Code 524 Roblox – Fixed
Several users have reported that their headsets no longer work after upgrading to Windows 10. The microphone on this particular headphone may have stopped working for a variety of reasons. This could be due to a connection problem or a problem with your audio driver.
In this article, we’ll look at the reasons why your microphone has stopped working, and then we’ll look at four effective solutions you can use to fix the problem but first we’ll go through the reasons which cause this error.
Reasons behind the improper working of HyperX Cloud Mic
Due to the HyperX Cloud II drivers, your headset’s microphone may not work. Many users find that uninstalling and reinstalling the HyperX Cloud II drivers fixes their problem. A faulty or outdated audio driver on your computer can sometimes cause this error. A faulty USB port or an improperly connected headset can also cause this problem.
Fix Restoro PC Repair Tool to a variety of PC problems:
Using this software, you can fix common computer errors, protect yourself from file loss, malware attacks, and hardware failures, and optimize your PC for maximum speed and efficiency. Three easy steps to fix PC problems and remove viruses
- Repair your PC with the Patented Restoro PC Repair Tool! (patent available here).
- Scan for Windows issues that could be causing PC problems by clicking on the Start Scan button.
- Click Repair All to fix security and performance issues with your computer.
You’ll be able to immerse yourself in your game with the HyperX Cloud 2.
On the HyperX Cloud 2 is virtual 7.1 surround sound for the best audio experience.
While the earpads can be swapped out, the advanced USB audio control box with a built-in sound card amplifies your audio and voice.
This is one of the best 360o sound microphones on the market.
There is a detachable microphone, however, which cancels out any noise and ensures that your voice is always loud and clear enough to be heard.
When your HyperX Cloud 2 microphone stops working, here’s what you can do to stay on top of your game.
Method 1: Simple troubleshooting
On your HyperX Cloud 2 headset, the microphone may be muted or not working properly. Check the mute setting on your headset, as well as the headset’s connection.
1) If you’re using your headset’s USB switcher, make sure the mute switch isn’t on.
2) Check that all the connectors are properly seated. Consider using a 3.5mm audio jack instead of a USB cable if you don’t see any issues with the connectors.
Is your headset’s mic working now That’s great. A few things you can do in the meantime if it isn’t working
READ ALSO: GeForce Experience Error 0x0003
Method 2: Verify your sound settings on your computer
Since it’s disabled or not set as the default device on your computer, your HyperX Cloud 2 microphone may not be working properly. To re-enable it and make it the default device, follow these steps:
1. To open a Run dialogue box, hold down the Windows logo key and press R simultaneously on your keyboard. Type “control” and press Enter.
2. Select Large icons from the View by drop-down menu in the Control Panel.
3. Click on the Sound button.
4. Select the Recording tab, then right-click on any space in the device list and select Show Disabled Devices from the context menu.
5. The Headset Microphone can be enabled by right-clicking on it and selecting “Enable.”
Afterward, right-click it again and choose Set as Default Device from the menu that appears.
As soon as your headset’s microphone has been enabled and set as the default device, give it a shot. That means you’ve found a solution. There are two more fixes to try if it doesn’t work…
Method 3: Driver update for the headset
HyperX Cloud 2 headset’s microphone will not work if you are using an outdated or incorrect driver for it. Update your driver to see if that resolves the problem.
Automatic and manual driver updates are available. In this article, we won’t go over the manual process because it’s time-consuming and risky. We also don’t recommend it unless you’re a computer whiz.
Automatically updating your driver, on the other hand, is very simple. After installing and launching Driver Easy, it will automatically detect and install all of the devices on your PC that requires new drivers.
Download Driver Easy and install it.
Start Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button to begin the scanning process. Driver Easy will scan your computer and identify any problem drivers that may be installed on your computer.
To download the latest and correct headset driver, click on Update next to the headset.
It’s also possible to update all of your computer’s outdated or missing drivers by clicking the Update All button at the bottom right of your screen. If you have not installed then you will need to upgrade the pro version when you click on Update All
Start your computer after you’ve updated the HyperX Cloud 2 headset’s driver. Re-login and test the microphone again.
A full technical support package is included in the Pro version of Driver Easy.
I hope so. You may need to fix error.
READ ALSO: Why does Shopify Keep Pausing?
Method 4: Windows should be reinstalled after the reset.
HyperX Cloud 2 headset’s microphone may not work properly due to corrupted files or configurations in your operating system. To fix this issue, you will need to reinstall and/or reset Windows.
- Before you begin, make a copy of your computer’s most important files…
- If you’re using Windows 10, you can reset your system by following this guide.
- If you have an older version of Windows, you can reinstall it using the installation media that came with your computer.
- Next, reinstall your headset according to the instructions that came with it after rebooting or reinstalling Windows.
- A hardware issue is more likely to be the culprit if you’ve tried all of these fixes and the microphone on your HyperX Cloud 2 headset is still unresponsive. Kingston’s customer service can help you with any questions you may have.
Fix your hyperx cloud 2 mic issues in light of all the above-mentioned solutions. HyperX Cloud 2 mic not working on Windows 10 should now be fixed with one of the fixes listed above. If you need further assistance in resolving the problem, please do not hesitate to contact us. If you need any assistance, please let us know.
Pease share “Guide About How to Fix Hyperx Cloud 2 MIC, not Working Error?” with friends and family.
Haley Hayward is an experienced writer at gblogo.com, where she’s credited with more than 200 articles covering everything from entrepreneurial stories to mental health at work.
She also oversees the Comment&Questions, which poses important admission questions to experts in the field, and regularly hosts webinars on various aspects of the business school experience.
Prior to joining gblogo.com, Haley honed her skills as a freelance writer, tackling a wide array of topics from petcare to car maintenance.
Haley holds a Master’s degree in English Literature from the University of Edinburgh, Scotland.