Nowadays, people are increasingly interested in NFTs, and the most common platform for their purchase is OpenSea. If you want to buy one, you will need a wallet that accepts cryptocurrencies like MetaMask. You will need to install MetaMask, create an account and log in to OpenSea. We have a step-by-step guide that will help you know how to connect MetaMask to OpenSea and other important things.
You need to know how to connect MetaMask to OpenSea if you want to buy NFT from OpenSea. Celebrities have often released Non-fungal tokens. Well, NFTs are popular even with regular users. If you want to sell something, it goes without saying that the money from the sale should go into a wallet or an account. So you need to connect your platform and your wallet for that.
Here is an article on connecting MetaMask to OpenSea, which will help you get all the information you need. If you’re a beginner, we provide details about OpenSea and MetaMask and how to connect MetaMask to OpenSea. You can go through this to avoid any confusion.
So without further ado, let’s start by connecting MetaMask to OpenSea.
What is the OpenSea?
OpenSea is the first decentralized market for non-fungible tokens. It was founded in 2018. OpenSea includes many NFTs and digital objects such as music, images, business cards, domain names, etc. If you want to trade NFTs on OpenSea, you need a wallet like MetaMask.
OpenSea supports many currencies, but the main currency it supports is Ethereum. OpenSea is very secure for buying and selling NFTs. It runs on the Wyvern protocol, a series of known smart contracts to ensure you get cryptocurrencies after selling NFTs.
What is MetaMask?
MetaMask is a cryptocurrency wallet and web browser extension used with Google Chrome and other Chromium-based browsers. MetaMask was launched in 2016 for the general public. It is one of the most widely used cryptocurrency wallets.
It specializes in Ethereum and other Eth tokens. You should have no problem buying or storing Ethereum and other related cryptocurrencies. MetaMask, being a secure cryptocurrency wallet, allows users to send, receive or store cryptocurrency assets. It can be a good platform for storing digital currency. Let’s see how to install the MetaMask extension before discussing how to connect MetaMask to OpenSea.
How to install the MetaMask extension?
Before connecting MetaMask to OpenSea, let’s follow the steps to install the MetaMask extension for a web browser.
- Open your browser and download the MetaMask extension.
- Install it and turn it on.
- Click on get started.
- Select the Create Wallet button.
- Click OK.
- Create a password and press Confirm.
- Write down the Backup Phrase and Confirm.
- Click the All Done button, and you will be connected automatically.
You can leave or come back later if you want to wait before buying Ethereum. Click the MetaMask icon to log back into your account if you log out. You will need some Ethereum before you can create an OpenSea account. Also, you will need to register on platforms such as Coinbase or Binance to buy Ethereum. You need to connect your MetaMask wallet to the platform, and you will receive Ethereum.
Since we have successfully installed the MetaMask extension, let’s now see how to connect MetaMask to OpenSea.
Install the MetaMask extension in Chrome
Installing MetaMask in your browser is the first step in this process. All procedures should be the same regardless of browser. MetaMask can be obtained in the following ways:
The official MetaMask extension can be installed on any browser. Activate the extension by following the instructions.
1. Go to MetaMask.io. Or search “MetaMask” on Google.
2. Click “Download” in the upper right corner, then click “Install in Chrome.”
3. This will redirect you to the MetaMask Chrome extension, click “Add to Chrome.”
4. When the extension is installed in the browser, it will redirect you to MetaMask. Click “Get Started.”
5. Click “Create Wallet.”
6. Click “I Agree.”
7. Create a strong password and click “Create.”
8. Click “Next” to proceed to the security step.
9. Click “Click here to reveal secret words.” This is the secret phase of recovery, make a copy and keep it in a safe place, as you will need it in the next step.
10. Enter the secret recovery phase that you already copied in the previous step. Remember that you must enter the phase in the same order in which it was given to you. When you’re done, click “Confirm.”
10. Your MetaMask account has been created; click on “Confirm.”
11. It will redirect you to your MetaMask account.
It is very important to keep your security and password secure; you will need to log in to both again.
If you want to buy Ethereum, you can leave and come back later. You can log back into your MetaMask account by clicking the MetaMask icon in the URL bar to the right of the address bar.
To create an Opensea Account
To create an OpenSea account, you must first store Ethereum in your MetaMask wallet. A Coinbase account or another cryptocurrency exchange is required to buy Ethereum. You can get your new Ethereum by connecting your MetaMask wallet to the platform.
You cannot send Ethereum to MetaMask immediately because there is a 15-day expiration time. So it is best to start early.
MetaMask is where you keep your Ethereum and other cryptocurrencies. However, MetaMask hardware wallets are also available. Private keys are stored in hardware wallets that can be used to log in to MetaMask in a web browser or app.
In hardware wallets, your data is not transmitted over a public network, as is the case with software wallets. Hardware wallets can only be stolen if someone physically obtains the memory device on which the private key hardware wallets are installed.
Treasury and Ledger wallets support MetaMask encryption technology. This feature is currently only available for PC users.
Sign up for OpenSea: Connect MetaMask to OpenSea
To register for OpenSea, you must first connect your wallet to the website with a cryptocurrency wallet, such as MetaMask. Follow these instructions since you don’t need an account to register a wallet.
1. Go to the OpenSea site. Click the Profile icon in the upper right corner of the page.
2. You can select the wallet you want. In our case, we opt for the MetaMask wallet.
3. The MetaMask extension will appear, asking you to log in to MetaMask. Click Next”.
4. Click “Connect.”
5. Your Opensea account is created.
6. To modify the biography, click on “Settings.”
7. You can always edit your OpenSea profile later to change your profile picture, username, etc.
How to connect MetaMask to OpenSea on Android and iPhone
The adoption rate of MetaMask and OpenSea has grown exponentially. MetaMask and OpenSea are available on Android and iPhone.
Let’s go step by step to connect MetaMask to OpenSea on Android and iPhone.
Create a MetaMask account [Android + iPhone]
First, let’s work with the configuration of MetaMask. If you already have an existing wallet with an account set up, you can continue logging into OpenSea; otherwise, follow a few steps to set up your MetaMask app.
1. Download the MetaMask app.
2. Click Start, and MetMask will ask you to create a password.
3. Create a good password and remember it for later because if you want to access MetaMask in your browser, you will need the same password and initial step.
4. Now MetaMask will give you “Secret Recovery Phase” copy it somewhere because, in the next step, you will need to re-enter the same “Secret Recovery Phase” in the correct word order from one to twelve.
This step is also important for logging into a browser or app, so keep it safe. Anyone with this step can access your wallet.
5. Enter the “Secret Recovery Phase” again in the exact order from one to twelve; if you make a mistake in the order, the phase will be wrong.
6. You are now successfully logged into the MetaMask app on your Android or iPhone.
Connect MetaMask to OpenSea [Android + iPhone]
Before continuing with OpenSea, make sure you have MetaMask on your phone and have created an account. If not, check the previous steps.
1. Download the OpenSea app.
2. Click the “Continue” button.
3. You are now on OpenSea; in the lower right corner, you can find the profile. Go to the Profile section.
Select the wallet you want to connect with OpenSea; in our case, we will select MetaMask.
Now OpenSea will redirect you to the MetaMask application you previously installed; allow OpenSea to connect to MetaMask.
Congratulations! You have successfully connected MetaMask to OpenSea on Android or iPhone.
Buying an NFT in the OpenSea app.
The OpenSea app is available, but you cannot purchase in-app NFTs, as most OpenSea payments are Ethereum, which in-app purchases cannot support. Google and Apple also take over 30% of app purchases, which can cost OpenSea dearly.
Please comment if you have any other questions regarding OpenSea or the MetaMask application. We will contact you as soon as possible.
Nnamdi Adibe is a native English writer and can write about many things. With his writing skills, he can provide well-researched content.
Nnamdi Adibe is a prolific writer at gblogo.com. He is interested in bringing you perspectives on financial liberation, fun, and investment from the rare vantage point of experience.
He provides insights on fintech, crypto and digital assets, and sustainable finance and investments and promotes a transparent, secure, and quality digital financial future for everyone.
Determination, honesty, and responsibility are important values of Nnamdi that he tries to maintain at all times.