Metaverse sandbox is in high demand these days. With Snoop Dogg buying virtual real estate on Metaverse, demand for LAND on the platform has increased. Well, if you are one of those people who are hoping to buy virtual land in the Sandbox, this “How to Buy Land in the Sandbox” guide is sure to help you out.
Sandbox and Decentraland are among the first companies to ever launch Metaverses. We all know that the Internet is changing rapidly and at an accelerated pace. Metaverse will, therefore, soon be the future. So people are starting to invest in Sandbox digital assets, and LAND is one of them. The price of land in Metaverse should increase over time.
Hence, this article will guide you on buying land in Sandbox and investing in Metaverse. Before starting the article, you should know that you will have to wait for the sales days if you buy land from the Sandbox platform. But we also mentioned the alternative platforms to buy land in the Metaverse Sandbox.
What is Land in the Sandbox Metaverse?
Well, before moving on to the guide on how to buy land in Sandbox. Let’s see what land is in the Sandbox Metaverse and its use.
LAND is nothing more than a digital asset or a digital part of a property in the Sandbox metaverse. Each plot of land is unique. Since it is a unique digital asset, it is an ERC-721 non-fungible token running on the Ethereum blockchain.
The main function of the land is to provide users with a space to develop and publish their Play To Earn games. After that, users can monetize the game and earn money on the Sandbox platform. Well, if you think you’re not that creative, but you have an entrepreneur’s mind, you can also buy and rent the property. It’s a great way to earn passive income.
There are two classes of Land in Sandbox:
- Premium Land: Land surrounded by social centers and main partners. The premium area you purchased will have more traffic than normal lots due to the neighborhood.
- Regular Land: Land that is not surrounded by any of the main partners of the common land. This usually includes the area where people build their homes.
Steps to Buy Land in a Sandbox
Well, you should have an idea of what LAND is in the Metaverse Sandbox. So let’s start with our guide on buying land in Sandbox. We’ll take it step by step to avoid confusion because you can do many amazing things in the Sandbox. So let’s not waste too much time and start with the steps.
Step 1: Create a Sandbox account
If you plan to buy land in the Metaverse Sandbox, the first and most important thing you need is an account on the Sandbox platform. If you haven’t done so already, follow the steps below.
- Go to the Sandbox login page; go to the “Login” option and click on it on the login page. You will find it in the upper right corner of the screen.
- You should now have a crypto wallet that you will attach to your account. Let’s take the Arkane Crypto Wallet as an example to fully understand the steps.
- You will find different social media accounts to choose from on the login page.
- You can choose from your Twitter, Facebook, or Gmail account to register.
- You will be prompted for a password. Log in with your password, and you will connect your cryptocurrency wallet to your account.
Step 2. You must have $SAND and ETH
$SAND is the cryptocurrency needed to make any purchase or transaction on the Sandbox platform. It is like the currency of the platform, also known as crypto tokens.
Because SAND runs on the Ethereum blockchain, you will also need ETH. ETH has to pay transaction fees on the blockchain, known as a gas fee.
Suppose the two currencies mentioned here require a third-party wallet. Therefore, we will use the wallet saved in our Sandbox account. This will facilitate the transaction in the sandbox market.
If you are looking for the platforms to buy ETH and $SAND, some platforms offer them.
There is also a platform for you that will offer you ETH and $SAND on your credit card. The name of the platform is Simplex.
Step 3: Buy the land
You are now logged in to your Sandbox account, and you are also logged in to your wallet. It’s time to buy land in Sandbox Metaverse. To do that, follow the following steps.
- Open a Sandbox account.
- Now go to the “LAND” / “MAP” option; you will find it on the toolbar on the left side of the screen.
- Click on it.
- This will open the available LAND in the Metaverse Sandbox in front of you. As I said, there are two types of land: ordinary and premium.
- Normal slots will be available in gray and premium slots will be displayed in yellow.
- Click on the land you want to buy, then click on the Buy button in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Now, you need to connect your cryptocurrency wallet; it will be at the LAND ETH price.
- You will receive a confirmation notification saying, “Transaction successful, you won a LAND.”
Alternative platforms for land acquisition in Sandbox, in addition to Sandbox
OpenSea is one of the best and known NFT marketplaces in the world. As I said, LAND In Sandbox is also an NFT, so you can also buy it on this platform.
Is there a financial risk?
Of course, there are. So be careful. Land prices may fall in the future. It is somewhat new and has yet to be fully adopted. However, given the trends, it is unlikely to see a sharp drop in land prices. But if it exists, now is the perfect time to buy it. I’m pretty optimistic about Sandbox.
Is Sandbox Land a good investment? Final thoughts
Metaverse is the future, and any investment in Sandbox or another Metaverse can be a great bet. The risk-reward ratio is enormous. If you predict the price of sand land, prices will likely increase 5-10 times in less than a year. However, nothing is guaranteed.
Haley Hayward is an experienced writer at gblogo.com, where she’s credited with more than 200 articles covering everything from entrepreneurial stories to mental health at work.
She also oversees the Comment&Questions, which poses important admission questions to experts in the field, and regularly hosts webinars on various aspects of the business school experience.
Prior to joining gblogo.com, Haley honed her skills as a freelance writer, tackling a wide array of topics from petcare to car maintenance.
Haley holds a Master’s degree in English Literature from the University of Edinburgh, Scotland.