Binance is one of the best-known names in the crypto space. However, most people don’t know that Binance has another wing that is actively involved in running smart contract-based applications in addition to trading. These two wings of Binance are, respectively, Binance Chain and Binance Smart Chains (BSC). Compared to Ethereum’s ERC20, Binance Smart Chain is capable of hosting BEP20 tokens, such as $CAKE or $BAKE.
Learn how to add Binance Smart Chain (BSC) to MetaMask for seamless BNB transactions. Link Binance Chain to Metamask.
What is MetaMask?
Before you begin, it’s important to understand what MetaMask is. MetaMask is a crypto wallet that can be used to connect to the Ethereum blockchain. Tokens based on Ethereum, such as ERC20, 721, etc., are supported by the MetaMask wallet.
It is primarily used to communicate with the Ethereum blockchain. Still, you can also connect MetaMask to the Binance Smart Chain network, which will allow you to transact BNB through MetaMask. In addition to this transaction, BNB can be exchanged for other tokens on decentralized exchanges.
Binance and MetaMask: How to Add Binance Smart Chain to MetaMask
In order to benefit from the advantages, the MetaMask wallet must be linked to the Smart Chain. Here are the four simple steps to connect MetaMask to BSC.
- Step One: Install MetaMask and create a portfolio
- Step Two: Configure Wallet
- Next Step: Binance Smart Chain Network
- Lastly: Fund your portfolio
Install MetaMask and create your wallet.
If you don’t have a wallet, the first thing to do is download and install the MetaMask Chrome extension.
- Open Chrome, visit Metamask’s official website, and click “Download Now.”
- On the download page, select “Install MetaMask in Chrome.”
- After installing the extension, you will be asked if you are “New to MetaMask?” as well as various options such as “Import Wallet” and “Create Wallet.”
- If you are using MetaMask for the first time, click “Create Wallet” or “Import Wallet” to get the passphrase.
Once you select the former, you will receive a Reset Phrase, which can be used to access your MetaMask Wallet. Verifying this reset phrase will be the last step in creating your wallet.
Set up your wallet
As mentioned above, MetaMask is used to connect to the Ethereum blockchain. But to connect MetaMask to Binance Smart Chain DApps, some settings need to be changed in order for the wallet to focus on Binance Smart Chain network nodes.
On the Settings page, select “Network.”
To manually add Binance Smart Chain, click “Add Network” in the upper right corner.
We can now proceed with two Smart Chain networks testnet and mainnet.
Network name: Smart Chain
New RPC URL: https://bsc-dataseed.binance.org/
Sequence ID: 56
Block Scanner URL: https://bscscan.com
Network name: Smart Chain – Testnet
New RPC URL: https://data-seed-prebsc-1-s1.binance.org:8545/
Channel ID: 97
Block Scanner URL: https://testnet.bscscan.com
After saving the net, you will notice that your values have been converted to BNB instead of ETH.
Binance Smart Chain Network
Finally, you will see the BNB icon next to your BNB balance.
The “Smart Chain” drop-down menu will appear in the upper right corner.
So you have connected MetaMask to Binance Smart Chain (BSC).
When you want to reset it to the Ethereum network, select the “Smart Chain” option and select “Ethereum Mainnet.”
Fund your portfolio
Now that we know how to add Binance Smart Chain to MetaMask, it’s time to trade using our Metamask Wallet.
- Obtain the symbol contract address and copy it.
- After clicking on the address, you will be automatically redirected to the BSCScan page and copy the contact address there.
- Open MetaMask again and click “Add Token.”
- Paste the copied contract address into MetaMask and select “Next.”
- Complete the process by selecting “Add Token.”
Do I need a Binance Chain wallet to link Binance Smart Chain to Meta Mask?
No, you do not need a Binance Chain wallet to be able to add Binance Smart Chain to MetaMask. Indeed, the Binance Chain wallet is a wallet that supports the Binance Chain network.
There are two methods you can use to store your crypto assets on Binance Smart Chain:
• Use Binance Chain Wallet or MetaMask
• Or use the Binance platform (note: storing large amounts of cryptocurrency is not recommended)
What are the benefits of connecting Metamask and Binance Smart Chain?
There are several reasons to connect MetaMask to BSC; here are some of them:
- By connecting the two platforms, the ability to access, explore and use all BSC DApps is enabled.
- Transferring ETH, BNB, and other currencies to your Metamask wallet is simpler and easier
- MetaMask is perhaps one of the most secure wallets with user data protection, which improves asset control
MetaMask was a well-known wallet for Ethereum, but now you have seen how to add BNB to MetaMask to change tokens.
Nnamdi Adibe is a native English writer and can write about many things. With his writing skills, he can provide well-researched content.
Nnamdi Adibe is a prolific writer at gblogo.com. He is interested in bringing you perspectives on financial liberation, fun, and investment from the rare vantage point of experience.
He provides insights on fintech, crypto and digital assets, and sustainable finance and investments and promotes a transparent, secure, and quality digital financial future for everyone.
Determination, honesty, and responsibility are important values of Nnamdi that he tries to maintain at all times.